Friday, September 13, 2013

Dessert

I have been PROMISING my husband for the past 8 years that as soon as we had a kitchen (and were not living in apartments the size of a shoe box) that I'd cook. Up until now I've begged my way into most restaurants in the greater Seattle area. Fairbanks on the other hand doesn't have a lot in the way of food that I like. As a result I begrudgingly took over the kitchen to quickly realize, HEY! I actually like this cooking thing. I don't know why I get so excited to plan meals and to cook. I think it's probably because I need to go shopping, and that's a reason to shower (see, told you my live lost it's excitement!)

In addition to cooking dinner, I've been making dessert. LOT's of dessert (which isn't helping...I joined Weight Watchers and gained a pound. BOO.) Tuesday it was Mexican Cupcakes, Friday it was Double Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Cookies (crack addicting BTW, I think that's where the pound came from!) Tonight, well tonight my husband was going hunting with a friend for Moose. We had Shrimp Fajita's and I couldn't think of a dessert. I laughed out loud when I thought of it.

Tonight's menu was Shrimp Fajita's with Chocolate Mousse for dessert (you know, before they went Moose hunting.) I realize that no one in the greater world would find this hilarious, and maybe it's because my days are spent with a 4 month old, but I just kept snickering all through dinner. I even put pretzels in the Mousse to make it look like antlers (is that even what you call a Moose horn? I have no idea.)

It tasted good...not sure my husband and his friend thought I was funny.

7 comments:

  1. Ok, I actually laughed out loud at the pretzels. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did catch it and yeah I did laugh lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very clever with the pretzels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are continuing to blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed too. Especially with the pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha love it. I'm glad you started a new blog! woohoo!
    Ashley
    www.theprocessoflearning.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I snorted at the pretzel part! lol!

    ReplyDelete