Friday, October 11, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

Seriously, the easiest and tastiest thing ever. Snickerdoodle cupcakes (well...mine...knowing me I could be way off into left field) are just a basic vanilla cake recipe with a teaspoon of cinnamon mixed in the batter. Living in Seattle, Trophy Cupcake had a Snickerdoodle cupcake to die for. SO YUMMY. I bought their book they have out (worth every penny) but when I went to make cupcakes I didn't have all the ingredients and was too lazy to go to the store. SO I added the cinnamon to this recipe.


Bad Photo-Good Cupcake!

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup salted butter (or if you use unsalted 1/2 tsp salt)
1 cup sugar (plus extra for topping)
1 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp cinnamon (plus some extra for topping) 
2 eggs
1 cup milk (I use whole...if you're going to eat cupcakes, might as well go for the gusto!) 

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar (1 cup) on medium until it looks like something you'd eat with a spoon. While that's mixing, sift the flour and baking powder together in another bowl. Slow your mixer down and add the eggs, (salt if you didn't use salted butter) and the cinnamon. Then add the milk and flour mixture (alternate between the two.) Fill the cupcake liners 2/3rds of the way. Before they go into the oven sprinkle the tops with sugar and cinnamon. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes 

Once they cool I top them with a basic buttercreme to which I add 1 tsp. If the recipe doesn't call for Cream of Tarter, add about 1/4 tsp Cream of Tarter. It will give your icing more stability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment