Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Date Night

My husband took me out on our first date since June. Babies tend to do that to you, especially when you just move to a new town and don't know anyone yet. Also, when I'm a freak and am terrified of leaving him alone (well, with a sitter, but you know what I mean.)

We went to the movies to see Catching Fire, and then out for Thai. I had to laugh to myself when we sat down in the theater. When we went in Seattle to see the first movie of the series, we got there about 30 minutes early, and had to sit in the very front of the theater. AKA-WORST SEATS EVER. Tonight we got there about 10 minutes early, and had the place to ourselves. I think there were 12 other people in the whole theater. When we lived in Denmark we went to the movies on Thanksgiving (well, the 4th Thursday in November to the Danes) too. In Denmark they had assigned seats, and we got a couch. It was amazing.

A-N-Y-W-A-Y

Being married is funny. When we were dating 6 million years ago (or 9 years, whatever, I can't tell time anymore) we went through that "getting to know you stage." When you share your drink and your popcorn at the movies. Now, I might as well have put two holes in the sides of the popcorn bag, and tied that baby on as a feed bag. I "think" I offered some to my date. "Think." Opps. Maybe I need more practice going out. I DID shower and put makeup on, so at least I had that.

When we got home Bug was in bed already. I decided to peek in on him (because I missed him) and found him on his belly, nose to nose with the cat (who was on the other side of the crib. They looked like they were plotting some sort of take over, and it was hilarious. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the two of them. I sort of forgive Boone for opening the bag of cat food at 1 am. Sort of.


Vote for Adam Here!
(You can vote once a day)



No comments:

Post a Comment