Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Bug vs the bug

I normally do not blog on the weekends. My husband is off, and we like to spend time together with The Bug. Well, we've all been spending LOTS of time together the past 48 hours and lots of time on the couch/bed.  The stomach bug has hit our house. It is MUCH less cuter than The Bug. My poor husband woke up sick Friday morning. You know that feeling when someone you love is sick...then the realization that YOU are next....yeah, that sucks.

I spent the better part of the morning praying that husband would feel better before I felt worse. Bug seemed oblivious to our illness and didn't seem to enjoy the time he spent outside the bathroom. The number of toys that were laying on the carpet outside the bathroom kept increasing. Trying A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G to keep him happy while I was busy praying to the porcelain gods.

Fun right?

By mid-afternoon we switched rolls. My poor, still not feeling good husband, got the Bug handed off to him. It sucks being sick, but it REALLY sucks being sick when you have a LO who needs you to take care of them.

Positive? I lost 10 pounds in 36 hours. Because THAT will stay off...sigh.

NOW. The Bug is sick. That sucks WAY more than me being sick. Today my hubby and I started to feel normal, and we hoped that maybe he was spared. Nope. Not that lucky. Poor little guy. He has never had diaper rash, but now his little butt is so red. He screamed and screamed tonight during diaper changes, and all he wanted was his daddy. It was sweet and depressing the same time.The boys snuggled on the couch and we went through 4 diapers in 30 minutes. We've been pumping him with fluids and other than that treating the diaper rash. It took my hubby and I about 12 hours to feel better, so I hope he feels better in the morning. Poor guy. It could be worse. It could always be worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment